Saturday, September 24, 2005

Lisbon


Bon Noite!!

I am attending a European political party and think tank conference in Lisbon, Portugal for a few days. This is my first visit to Portugal which is a beautiful country and the September weather is some of the best I have experienced in my travels!

A group of us met for dinner this evening at a restaurant called -- Restaurante D'Avis at www.restaurantedavis.com in the Beato neighborhood of Lisbon -- which was almost impossible to locate despite my having written the exact address for the taxi driver plus we called the restaurant along the way!! Now this was a great local, out of the way restaurant, the kind of place travelers should visit versus some American fast food chain restaurant. The staff was extremely personable and the sliced pork main course I had was excellent. My top recommendation is their "almond, pumpkin pie" which was the best dish I ate on this trip.

Lisbon is a beautiful, historic city but the Sintra mountain area just northwest of Lisbon was clearly the highlight of the trip. This would be an excellent vacation spot.

Safe travels,

Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating insight into travel gear I founf something related to that here travel gear