Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Europe

Today's local newspaper published an op-ed from a scholar at the New America Foundation arguing that the European Union (EU) is the the "old and sick man" that most Americans believe it is in economic terms.

I read this op-ed with interest since my wife and I are flying to Brussels, Belgium for the week to attend the annual "Capitalist Ball" hosted by the Centre for the New Europe. This annual gathering of the free market community is mainly a social gathering but there is substance in terms of the policy conversations.

I plan to share copies of today's pro-EU op-ed with my friends at the Ball to get their reaction so I can produce a posting later this week.

I look forward to hearing from readers regarding which economic markets are the most dynamic in the world AND enjoy the highest relative standard of living/quality of life.

Merci/danke/grazie/ta/mange tak/gracias,

Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a look at www.FreeEurope.info... and vote if you like...