Friday, February 17, 2006

March Madness




As February draws to a close that means the college basketball season is headed toward the NCAA tournament known as "March Madness" to determine a TRUE national champion (here is hoping NCAA Division I football leadership will get the idea for reforming the current BCS system).

http://www.ncaasports.com/

As regular readers know I announced that after my alma mater Iowa State Cyclones my favorite basketball team is the University of North Florida (UNF) in Jacksonville (see my posting entitled " #334") which was named the lowest rated team, #334, for the pre-season according to the "Sagarin ratings" which is regularly published by USA Today. On February 16th the latest Sagarin ratings for men's college basketball were published with my Cyclones at #57 and the UNF Ospreys now sitting at #327 with a 6 and 19 season record!!! Progress, my friends. I am proud to wear my UNF t-shirt at the gym :)

Here are the Top Ten rated men's teams for this week in case you missed it:

Duke
Connecticut
Texas
Villanova
Memphis
Ohio State
Florida
Pittsburgh
Illinois
Tennessee

A quote to close this posting courtesy of my high school team mate -- Barry K. -- "When the hand goes up the ball goes in it.........."

Todd

2 comments:

Jeff Deitering said...

"I've seen you guys can shoot but there's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."
Coach Norman Dale, "Hoosiers"

Jeff Deitering said...

James Naismith factoid: the only coach in University of Kansas men's basketball history to own a losing record.