Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dutch Treat




The current weather in Minnesota leaves me confident that we will experience a very nice Indian Summer this autumn -- sadly I have to leave the Land of 10,000 lakes this week to attend a conference in Amsterdam focused on liberty/freedom hosted by the Reason Foundation, www.reason.org, based in California. The special guest speakers are the creators of the "South Park" cartoon/satire featured on Comedy Central along with their documentary :) -- "Team America: World Police".

My primary knowledge of Reason's work is in the field of "privitization" so I am interested in hearing more about what they do on public policy issues. However, I am most interested in seeing how the free market community (Reason in this case) utilizes a tool we have not embraced nearly enough -- comedy -- to make our point that freedom is good and most government programs are non-sense.

I plan to post throughout the conference this week to highlight key speakers and an overview of Amsterdam itself.

Chasing windmills,

Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd,

Mitch Berg from "Shot in the Dark" and the Minnesota Organization of Bloggers here. Pardon the off-topic comment - but I can't find an email address.

We're having the MOB summer party on 9/9 at Keegan's in Minneapolis, and I want to make sure you get an invite.

If you think you can make it, drop a line at "northernallianceparty@hotmail.com" if you're interested. Love to meet you!

Mitch Berg