Sunday, September 10, 2006

Go Bulldogs!!




At the end of this week I returned home to the Twin Cities of Minnesota from my week long canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Northern Minnesota, www.ely.org, along with my father and Jeff, a friend from Iowa State University student government days. Okay, I admit it, I was a "public servant" for one year in college :)

My return home was coupled with a great weekend of college football so here is a quick review before I catch my flight to Brussels, Belgium tonight -- where there is NO college football of course:

IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY -- after winning their first game against Toledo last week I was able to see ISU defeat the University of Nevada-Las Vegas by 16 to 10 score after a controversial call by the referees at the end of the game. From what I have seen ISU do against these two non-conference, non-power house teams I am not highly encouraged for a great football season. If the athletic department does raise ticket prices for the 2007 season as they have indicated they need to put a better product on the gridiron. Track my Cyclones at -- www.cyclones.com

BUTLER UNIVERSITY -- since the Sagarin Power Ratings (USA Today) for pre-season college football ratings listed the Butler Bulldogs as "dead last" for Division I college football seasons for this season I declared myself a fan, second to the ISU Cyclones of course. Butler won this weekend by defeating Hanover by a score of 30 to 20. Track Butler's season with me at -- http://butlersports.cstv.com/

Off to Europe this week but have several blog postings planned on a wide range of topics as is typical here at Space Beagle Notes.

Bon soir,

Todd

No comments: