Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Option For Your Money




Throughout my life I have had heard plenty of people make a comment over dinner or during a conference reception stating something like -- "..........I think we should pay more in taxes...schools need money.........who will take care of the environment........" -- such a worldview never fails to shock me since I am certain governments take more from us than they should.

But now such big government types that make me want to start drinking again at the receptions I attend have an option!!!

State governments can create a "Tax Me More Fund" which allow taxpayers to make additional, voluntary contributions by simply writing a check to GIVE their state government even more of their personal wealth.

So far Americans for Tax Reform knows of the following six (6) states which have some funds:

Arkansas
Massachusetts
Montana
New Hampshire
Oklahoma
Virginia

For more information on this issue please visit:

http://www.atr.org/state/projects/taxmemore.html

That should help you get the next limousine liberal you get stuck talking with at your next cocktail reception to shut up about the "need to raise taxes."

Have fun by pissing them off,

Todd

No comments: