- Buckwheat -- give them a try at Mickey's Diner (downtown) in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Swedish -- my mother is an expert chef with this version. Love 'em!!!
- Potato -- served with a side dish of apple sauce and bacon strips of course. I have always enjoy eating these with my father.
- Oat bran -- ideal venue to have these is Minnesota Grill at Byerly's supermarkets with cranberries and walnuts added by request. Simply delicious. .
- Blueberry -- yes the classic pancake but best served on the North Shore in Minnesota at one of the local coffee shops/restaurants
- Volume -- if you have not seen "Chris Cakes" ( http://www.chriscakes.com/) perform at an event you should. One of their "flippers" cooks huge volumes of pancakes for events like a golf tournament I attended in Iowa then flips and throws pancakes to people across the room which is always entertaining when guests are caught by surprise via flying pancakes.
Consumer choice -- not a government regulator deciding what we should eat -- always produces great results like my list of pancake varieties as restaurants/entrepreneurs pursue customers.